Re: [OM] Back from travels...and another one of those 'stupid'stories

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from travels...and another one of those 'stupid'stories
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:31:12 +0000
andrew fildes wrote:

> >I flew via Japan, so spent most
> >of the 11 hours back to London flying over Siberia, which is
> >unimaginably huge and empty.
>
> Nah! Taiga - been there -full of beech trees. Did you look out of the
> window over the 'dead centre' of Oz? Now that's empty!

You're right of course - Siberia is just empty of people.  Australia is
empty even of scenery over vast areas.  No rivers, no hills, just the
occasional startling monolith if you're lucky.  I read the other day
that there is more water in the Danube than there is in all of the
rivers in Australia put together.

> >Now I was confused.  Why was it
> >jamming on frame 26?  So I rewound it again, clicked off a few frames
> >with no film in no problems - everything seemed to be fine.  So I wound
> >forward again, and for a third time it stuck after 26 exposures.
> >Finally the penny dropped.  I'd accidentally bought a 24 exposure roll.
> >I NEVER use 24 exposure rolls!  I felt fairly stupid after that.
> >Helplessly watched the endless miles of frozen tundra drift by.
> >Roger
>
> Did that just this weekend too in the 2sp! Sigh. Reset it. I even tried new
> batteries. Doh!
> AndrewF

Very glad to hear it's not only me that's done this!

Roger