Re: [OM]

Subject: Re: [OM]
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:17:13 +1100
>> Henry Bottjer wrote:
>>
>> "But is it me or does anyone else think the
>> concept of having the aperture setting and shutter speed all on the lens
>> barell make perfect sense?"
>>

>Yup, it's one of my favourite features too, and I'm at a loss to
>understand why other camera manufacturers didn't adopt this philosophy.
>I've only used cameras with shutter speed on top a couple of times but I
>really don't like them.
>
>Roger

Didn't the Nikkormats have this feature - with a nice little lever handle
to change it? I find it a tad awkward. My two other cameras at the moment
are a Leica CL and a Voigtlander Bessa L (Oly 2000 Cosina body). The Bessa
has a conventional shutter knob - for aperture priority I adjust with right
thumb and forefinger and then pull them back for shutter button and wind
lever. Quite handy.
The Leica CL is in a class of its own with a wheel on the top front right
of the body but just projecting above the line of the top plate. It falls
just under the trigger finger and the speeds are visible in the finder. The
most convenient I've EVER used - one finger operation for both speed and
shutter. Left hand for focus and aperture. Why neither Leica nor Minolta
(who designed and built this body) continued with the design is a deep
mystery to me!
AndrewF