Re: [OM] Ritz camera & Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Ritz camera & Oly
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:58:58 -0800
'Display allowance - The manufacturer pays for part of the cost of ads promoting (some) of it's products. 'Slotting fee' - The retailer charges a fee for 'placement', physical or print. 'Spiff' The manufacturer pays the salesman a direct fee for each 'Bloggo XYZ-201' Slr he sells.
There are more creative promotional programs too, but you get the idea.
What's in the ad, what's on sale and what the salesman recommends are heavily influenced by non performance or consumer value related factors.

Moose

Jim Terazawa wrote:

If you do a search on Olympus at www.ritzcamera.com, they do carray
Olympus products including some digital and P&S cameras.

Jim Terazawa

"Timpe, Jim" wrote:

I was in one of my local Ritz camera affiliates yesterday and happened to
pick up one of their newest catalogs.  Unless my eyesight is really starting
to go bad, I failed to see a single Olympus item in it... P&S, digital,
nothing.  Does anyone know if there's some trouble between Ritz and
Olympus????  They still had some digital stuff on their shelves, but I
didn't really take note or inventory, as I didn't see this omission until
later on at home.

curious Jim