[OM] A deal?/XmasXchange

Subject: [OM] A deal?/XmasXchange
From: nrky@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:07:22 -0600
Hi All,

I stopped by a local shop that *never* has any oly stuff to speak of the
other day,
and lo and behold, there was a T32 in box (used), a Winder2 in box
(used), a 50/1.8
in box (used I think, I didn't look at it) and a Bounce grip in box
(used).

Prices were (are) ~79$ for the Winder2, and 29$ for the 50/1.8...forget
about the bounce,
I snagged that as it had the funky little leather back strap [my esif's
at work and don't remember
the name for it] with all the hardware still in the plastic bag + a .6
coil cord (in box) + the cord
that goes to a winder + some other doodads/cords stuffed in the box... oh
yeah, there were manuals
for all this stuff + the "Group" "manuals"...

The bounce+stuff was 99$...I think I got a deal from these guys (for once
>;) )

I'm having to leave the W2, T32 and the 50/1.8 (who's S/N I should have
looked at)
for some one else, as I have no O-Money left...>;(

BTW,
I got a nicely packed flat package today from NY that I think needs to
wait 'til
Xmas to open (if I can keep my 12 yr old away from it...she wanted to
open it
tonite!)
Hope the one I sent got down to TX  OK...

Bill  >; P
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash techniques for total beginners?

I like to bounce the flash off a neutral-coloured wall & use a fairly
wide
aperture with TTL OTF flash. I usually set the aperture so the ambient
light registers "1/30", about 1 stop down from the flash's 1/60.

I also have a plastic reflector attached to the flash that I bounce light

off to spread the shadow line & avoid red eye (t20, t32).

Tom