Re: [OM] Using OM 35 RC with S20 Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Using OM 35 RC with S20 Flash
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:47:48 +0100
: Would anybody there have tried using the above combination? I tried using
it
: setting the aperture in F 4 as specified for ASA 200 film. I am curious to
: know if this flash unit will function under the "flashmatic" system
: described in the manual. From what I understand the flashmatic system
: controls the flash based on the focus distance one sets when taking
: pictures. Will this work on the S20 which as I know uses an automatic
: thyristor controlled flash design?

Flashmatic requires a fixed GN, so you set the flash to manual.
Alternatively you set the flash to Auto F4, the aperture ring to F4 and use
any shutter speed you want.

hnz