[OM] Films, freezers and refrigerators

Subject: [OM] Films, freezers and refrigerators
From: "Jerry Smith" <proudtexan63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:29:00 -0600

  Hello all,

I read in a couple of past digest's, yall were talking about keeping film cold and even in the freezer. I have some questions about that.

1. How is the best way to do this?

2. How do you "thaw" it out?

3. Doesn't this get moisture in it?

4. Is it best to put film in the freezer, or refrigerator?

I can get out of date film here local for $1.00-$2.00 a roll, most any kind. Some of this is just coming out of date, while others are a few months to many months out. I was wondering if freezing the film would allow the use of this film for even longer? How long is too long out of date? I appreceiate all feedback, thanks in advance.

Smitty