Re: [OM] Fanged again...

Subject: Re: [OM] Fanged again...
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:22:06 -0800
Another alternative is to use a 38mm slip on cap. (Get one that is the soft
ruberized type plastic.) It will fit over the protruding element housing,
protecting the rear element just fine. You can get these mail order, or at
larger well stocked camera stores. Many aftermarket rear lens caps are deeper
than the Olympus caps and may fit. As I recall Tamron caps are pretty deep, I
have not tried one, but they may fit.

I love digging through the bins at camera shows and shops. I picked up a used
generic lens case, normally way to large for Zuikos, but this one accepts the
135 macro with hood wonderfully! Found this used in the 'dead case' bin at the
local camera shop. I have a similar one which houses my 18 f/3.5 WITH the 72mm
step-up/hood perfectly as well.

I now have a genuine Olympus rear cap for both my 80 and 135 macros. I think I
got the last one from John at Camtech. They are not cheap, but they are still
available for those who would prefer having the genuine article.

Jim Couch