Re: [OM] OM shift; fungi, macros

Subject: Re: [OM] OM shift; fungi, macros
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:35:48 +1300
Hello Giles

I appreciate your concern ;-)

Yes, I  know there are some people who respect nothing that is of great
value, desecrate the sublime ...

I was just trying to interpret the advert. Mind you, to call his own suburb
Surry Hills, when he probably intended Surrye, or even Surrey,  ...

By the way, I found 400gm (that's about a pound weight) of coarse
granulated silica-gel this morning. Knew we had some somewhere - just had
to find it. Into the oven with it, 200 deg F for 20 minutes, change from pink
blue, cool down in a container, then into a chilly-bin with some of my lenses.
Hope the fungi are having a nice dry time of it.

The comparison shots of the two macros show how very close they are in
performance. Little in it really to my eyes. Small detail that is very
difficult to
characterise. I'm yet not into evaluating bokeh, except when it is gross, such
as some (all ?) mirror lenses have. They are VERY close, to my eyes.

Brian
> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:39:11 +0000
> From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] OM shift
>
> I can think of no way of breaking this to you gently Brian, but there
> are truly evil people afoot in this world who do indeed monkey with
> the very best of our beloved zuikos.
>
> I know of a 180mm f2 that was adapted (butchered) to a Leica mount.
> Converting it back would require a new rear section of the lens body,
> which I believe may be unavailable.
>
> Then there is the 250mm f2 adapted to a Canon mount.

No trumpet, no clarinet, no oboe;
Just a plain old  p - i - a - n - o .