[OM] a 2nd body....

Subject: [OM] a 2nd body....
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:38:19 -0800
Finally got my 2nd body (hee hee, I mean an Olympus OM body) - an OM-4 that should be in good condition. From the seller:
****
Just above the neck strap rings, where the neck strap rubs the body, the
brass under-metal is starting to show through. On the back there are some
small nicks that have gone through the black finish, but these are all
pretty small. On the bottom, there is a rub in a circle around the tripod
mount, but this is just a rub in the black finish--it does not go through
the paint. I have seen well used black bodies that get the corners all worn
off. This camera's corners are all still very black and do not show that
type of wear. All the features of the camera are operating.
*****
Going to pay $265 for it. I could have gotten another one that *MAY* look better for ~$330, but since this is only to be a 2nd body. May as well save some $$$.

Now I can think about sending my OM-4T for a CLA :-) I notice that in KEH rating, mine probably would be called an "ugly" :-(

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]