Re: [OM] Replacing lithium cells; Soldering delicate circuitry

Subject: Re: [OM] Replacing lithium cells; Soldering delicate circuitry
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:45:55 -0500
The original set may have a thermal fuse in an aluminum heat sink.  If you
buy the 6V lithium battery (2 -3Vs strapped together) and take the plastic
case off, you'll find that it is 2- 3V cells strapped together (and the link
between the 2 cells is also a fuse).
John Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus OM Service since 1977
631-424-2121  www.zuiko.com