[OM] re: photodo.com

Subject: [OM] re: photodo.com
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 14:49:32 -0000
A Tom wrote:

>> I doubt he tests at infinity. It's hard to get a test chart big enough.

>> And don't blame him for ignoring stuff. Of course there are other factors
>> influencing choice of lens. Now there's room for you to tell us about them.

>> Tom

Tom,

If you doubt they were tested at infinity go to the website. Anyways, they
are not tested in the fashion you are assuming they were tested and the scores
are based on the tests which are not in the fashion you are think they were
done.

It is amazing how much value people will place on a test without having any
understanding of the testing methodology.

Alan