Re: [OM] OM-2n didn't advance the film - why or how?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n didn't advance the film - why or how?
From: Jacob Cooper <jcooper19@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:53:59 -0800 (PST)
> After taking over a dozen pictures, I was mildly preturbed to realize
> that I hadn't come to the end of the roll. ( I was using 24-exposure
> rolls)  I started rewinding, and became very preturbed when I felt
> the
> film snap all the way into the cassette after only four or five turns
> of the rewind crank.

I've had similar experiences with my OM1. Only thing I've been able to
figure is that the rewind release is finicky. In my case, it slips for
about 15 frames, then engages, and I'll have shot sixty some pictures.
Of course, by the end of the roll, I'm shooting out of annoyance, and
don't get the shots I wanted! :) I've had to habituate myself to double
and triple checking the derned lever before shooting. Don't know what's
different on an OM2, though, so this may not apply.

Jake