RE: [OM] Cordless TTL?

Subject: RE: [OM] Cordless TTL?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:20:30 -0700
> I would think the rig would have to be very fast to relay the signals
> without enough delay to affect the exposure.

 Wouldn't a normal slave unit do this? I'll admit, I've never actually tried
one, but it seems that they should just start firing when the 'master' flash
goes off, and stop once the master stops (plus/minus an instant to notice
this).

 I don't know how they work; I'd guess based on a light sensor. (when I
asked, the girl behind the counter said "by electronics". So I said "what
sort of electronics? radio? light sensor? timer?" and she said "oh, it knows
how to work by electronics". After a couple of minutes of this I gave up..)

 Not sure what the latency of those sensors is, though.

 -- dan