[OM] Re: Zuiko 24mm f3.5mm shift lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 24mm f3.5mm shift lens
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:43:04 +1300
Marc,

You've done us proud.

That photo subject I've seen before on a Michael Freeman book I think - only he used it in a demonstration of depth of field, when working with low available light.

There is one lesson to be learned from this - assuming that the lens was already split when that photo was taken. And it echoes what my favourite retailer has told me about a very good lens he had that had a chip in the front element. It seemed to make no appreciable difference to the result. (Fungus will though).

Otherwise - I am horrified about the tale. Adds another dimension to one's perception of the bounds to which some people will go.

Brian

> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:41:47 +1100
> From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [OM] OM shift - modified?