[OM] Flash Photography

Subject: [OM] Flash Photography
From: "Sean Davis" <mr_shabby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:12:28 -0700
Hi,

List newbie looking for some flash advice with my OM-2n and T-32. I apologize in advance for any stupid questions!

Case number one: what is the best way to do fill-in flash with the T-32 when there is enough ambient light that the OM-2n TTL metering doesn't want to do auto flash? If i just set the flash to the lowest manual setting, will I overexpose? (assuming a reasonable camera-to-subject distance)

Case number two: using manual/auto flash with the T-32 hooked up via PC cord adapter to a non-Olympus camera (in this case, a Yashica-mat 124). What is the best way to do fill-flash in this situation? i'm assuming a case where there might be some ambient light (such as in-doors), but not enough to really expose the picture at a fast enough speed for portraiture (so the subject(s) can sit still enough).

Any advice would be helpful, as i'm new to flash photography and most of the time have a deer-in-the-headlights look when i pull the flash out :)

Thanks,

Sean Davis