[OM] Lens Advise

Subject: [OM] Lens Advise
From: "Charles Monroe" <chasmnro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:40:35 -0500
    I'm looking for OM  mount lens to use under conditions that I don't want
subject my Zukio's to but will still take a "decent" photo as long as they
last
in a marine environment.  Now the camera I can slip in a baggie, condom, or
other raincoat but the lens will just stick out there in it all..  Yes, I
will keep
them all in a water tight box with silica gel when not being used.

    Now my definition of "decent" may be different than yours but I hope you
get the drift of what I mean.

    Here are some low(er) price lens that have been or are still on the
market, divided into
the two general focus groups I'm interested in.

Soligor MC 35mm-70mm f2.5
Tamron SP 35-80mm f2.8-3.8
Tokina 28-70 f2.8-4.3

Makinon 80mm-200mm f4.5
Sicor MC 80mm-200mm f3.5
Tamron 80-210mm f3.8-4.
Vivitar 75mm-200mm f4.5

    Are there other makes even better that may fit my needs that are not
mentioned
above and that may come up in the market if I am just patience?
    Comments please.
Charles Monroe