Re: [OM] Saturday's Fang

Subject: Re: [OM] Saturday's Fang
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:08:22 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Bernd Moeller wrote:

> All items look more or less used; in particular the mirror housing is full
> of dust. I think that careful cleaning will do the job.

I would advise against cleaning the mirror housing yourself.  The half mirror
that is in there is VERY fragile, it's only about 1mm thick and is extremely
easily scratched.  A proper cleaning will also require the disassembly of
the housing box.  If compressed air isn't enough to get rid of the dust,
take to it someone who knows how to clean such things.
                        -mark