Re: [OM] Massacre of the shifts

Subject: Re: [OM] Massacre of the shifts
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:18:37 -0800
on 12/17/01 10:41 PM, Brian Swale at bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Zuiks,
>
> I've done a little homework on the lens butcher of Surry Hills.
>
> Seems his name is Peter Murphy ( surprised - Murphy's law rules - and for
> those Zuiks in NZ, the Murphys of Footrot Flats will be familiar ) and you can
> see more of his work at (PS - I have nothing personal against people with the
> surname "Murphy"; I even had a friend once whose name is Murphy. The
> name has however attracted a certain amount of opprobrium over the years
> ... ...  sad really)
>
> http://www.culture.com.au/virtual/
>
> ( I just trimmed the URL Marc gave us)
>
> He seems to like his photography - just that nothing is sacred to him.
>
> Brian
> Zuikoholics, enablers, one and all.
> Feeding fantasies, emptying pockets!
> Brian Swale, 140 Panorama Road,
> Christchurch 8008, N.Z.
> Tel +64 3 326 7447
> http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/

This guy appears to be interested in VR panoramas, something that I'd like
to get into sometime. That's probably why he uses the 24mm with the 6x6
format, from the note regarding Panorama Tools he's probably straightening
the circular image and stitching to make the VR scenes on his page. I admire
anyone who can make Panorama Tools work, its interface is much more obscure
than even Vuescan to me. I gave up and bought Photoshop Elements, though it
is much less capable (if I only knew how to use PT) it does the stitching in
a way I can make work.
--

Jim Brokaw