RE: [OM] Tokina AT-X, 28-85mm

Subject: RE: [OM] Tokina AT-X, 28-85mm
From: "Angel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:35:00 +0100
Wayne, the two lenses Tokina 28-85 (AT-X  f 3.5-4.5  and  RMC  f 4) tested
by Gary Reese on his web site are my own lenses. And I have tested both
lenses a lot of times vs the other Zuiko lenses from 28 to 85 mms. As Gary
says, the results are very good - excellent (not too much on 85 mms). You
can see Gary tests the AT-X lens on 80 mms. I know very well the two lenses.

This is the reasen I told Warren Kato concerning the warm flavor of the AT-X
lens.

Even, the RMC lens is more warm. Maybe this is in fashion on the first 80´s.
(I say warm in comparison with the Zuiko standard color rendition).

Concerning the "dim view in the viewfinder" that Warren talk about, I thing
there is no problem with the OM 1.

Ángel Lobo.
Cuenca  (Spain).