Re: [OM] [OM Saturday's Fang

Subject: Re: [OM] [OM Saturday's Fang
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:59:08 -0800
I never go very good results with the 2X Vivitar 4 element convertor myself
and pretty much quite using them because of that. I have a Soligor 1.5x that
performs much better, albeit not at the same magnification. I picked up the 7
element Tokina because it was cheap and I had heard good things about it. I
have not done any tests, but am looking forward to it. With the results one
can achieve using Provia 400F slower lenses and convertors become much more
viable than they were years ago. One of the problems I would run into with
teleconvertors in the past, was that the loss of image quality PLUS having to
shoot grainier faster film to compensate for the 2 stop loss made for very
poor images overall. I am hoping the Provia + the 7 element convertor enables
me to get decent images.

Jim Couch