Re: [OM] ompc dead?

Subject: Re: [OM] ompc dead?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:08:47 -0600
I suppose it _could_ be related to "sticky magnet syndrome" -- try two
tests:

1. Leave the camera wound overnight, remove lens and fire in bright light
the next day -- if the shutter stays open, you've got sticky shutter speed
magnet.

2. Remove the batteries and fire the camera so the mirror locks up.  Leave
the camera overnight once more.  Then, replace the batteries -- the mirror
should drop almost immediately.  If not, the first (mirror) magnet is
sticky.

If neither case applies, I still wouldn't give up on it until it's been
checked over....