Re: [OM] Finished with eBay?

Subject: Re: [OM] Finished with eBay?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:25:14 EST
In a message dated 12/21/01 9:01:25 AM Central Standard Time,
johncw@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I think I'm going to quit buying on ebay. All over USD 19.99

Over the past few years I have purchased many items over a broad range of
categories from ebay (much of which has been Olympus camera equipment).  The
superior deals far out number the few bad ones that I've been burned on.
There have been a number of situations where there was a problem and in most
I have been able to resolve it by communicating with the seller and working
out something which was fair to both parties.  I have learned to ask
questions and to be specific enough about them to avoid most problems.

Now for the $19.99 problem.  Email him once or twice, send the lens back,
report him to ebay and let it go.  Life is too short to have a heart attack
over $20.  This obviously wasn't your grocery money or you wouldn't have used
it to purchase a lens.  Focus on the good which has happened to you today
rather than dragging this dead dog around with you for much more that the 2.5
micro seconds it deserved.  Put this situation into prospective and it
becomes laughable.  The guy is a jerk, but don't let it ruin your day.  Bill
Barber