Re: [OM] Finished with eBay?

Subject: Re: [OM] Finished with eBay?
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:30:25 -0800 (PST)
I hear you aobut this. It's not so much about the $20,
that guy really burned you in this sale didn't he? I
mean my mom went ot a place that supposedly had film
for 1.29 a roll. The sign is right on the outside of
the door (Fillm special 1.29 for a roll of Kodak Gold
100)Well she goes in and finds out they are charging
2.46 a roll and won't change the price. Not the
cashier and not the manager either. Well she walks out
muttering about "bait and switch"  and stuff like that
and we havn't gone to that place since, we spend our
money elsewhere.

Ebay is kinda like that, there are sellers who are
painfully honest. Those who fudge a little on the
description and hope you won't complain (I have bought
stuff like that, the item supposedly has very little
wear but in reality has a lot of wear.) Those who seem
to delight in making a tiny amount of money in
shipping (The people who charge 12.00 for shipping
when they use 1.99 parcel post, the item is clearly
not in the described condition, but you can return it.
I don't get those people. And then there are those who
will take your money and give you a piece of crap that
you can't return. They can get offensive and nasty.

I ran into one of those types of guys on Yahoo!
auctions with computer parts. Sent him $500 for stuff
that never came. Law enforcement just shrugged though
even though I had all the evidnece and stuff that I
was robbed out of that money but they still didn't do
anything. I considered suing the police to do
something, and suing that joker, but it just isn't
worth it sometimes. Of course I never use Yahoo
aucions ever again nor do I ever buy comp stuff over
online auctions. So I guess the moral of the story
isn't too good here.....

Mark Lloyd