[OM] Tokina AT-X 28-85

Subject: [OM] Tokina AT-X 28-85
From: "Angel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:17:27 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I see Robert Monaghan has a little write up comparing these two lenses
on his cult classic site also:
http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/third/cult.html

Wayne, on this web site you can read the lens AT-X has macro and the lens
RMC is a little better than the AT-X. I don´t agree on this matter with Mr
Robert M.

Concerning the warm flavour of the AT-X lens, it is more hard on 28mm, a
little less on 35 and ..., but it is a bad thing for me. I think some people
don´t say the same thing watching the same picture taked with one Zuiko 28mm
or 50 mms and the picture taked with this zoom. The blue sky is always a
blue sky and when you see (side by side) a warm sky the picture has a touch
of unreal and dirty.

Anyway, the blue sky and the clear sun light on Spain can´t be the same on
other countrys and regions.

Thanks to CH Ling for his interesting point of view concerning the glue
(warm) matter.

Ángel Lobo.
Cuenca  ( Spain ).