Re: [OM] Re: Lens Caps, digression into 50mm lens rant

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Lens Caps, digression into 50mm lens rant
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:56:19 -0600
At 01:19 AM 12/23/2001 +0000, you wrote:
At photo shows I evade equipment brand unless specifically pressed for it. [Q: "What did you do that with?" A: "35mm format using an 18mm prime with 7mm extension tube."]

-- John

I confess that I lie and say "I don't remember whether it was taken with my Olympus or my Nikon set." It has somewhat to do with a phenomenon Barry Bean talked about a while ago: people asking what camera was used in order to praise the camera for the nice picture it took. I want to be able to cause disruption to that logic at the outset. :-)

My other least favorite question is "Did you do this picture on your computer?" I want to say, "If you have to ask, does it matter?" but I usually just say "I shoot film and make digital prints." Ackkk.

Joel W.