Re: [OM] OM-1N meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1N meter
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 09:37:02 -0600
Jumpy meters on 2/2n's are rare but not unheard-of.  I'd guess about
50%+ are due to a broken lead wire to the meter opening intermittantly.
After that, it's a hodge-podge of causes.  Unless the camera begins to
lock-up (due to power failure, short circuits, etc.), shoot with wild
abandon!

Since the meter needle is an indicator only, and does not actually
"control" any function of the camera, your 2n should work just fine in
"Auto" mode -- you just won't know the approximate shutter speed you'll
be using if/when the meter does finally quit working.