Re: [OM] OM2 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 problems
From: Paul Ellercamp <ellers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:42:41 +1100
Hi John
It's just the mirror, it seems. I've just tested it again without a lens and
I can see that the shutter seems to operate ok. But the mirror stays up. It
happens on either auto or manual. Taking the batteries out doesn't fix it or
make it move. And now the light meter display doesn't seem to work, either.
And the manual winder is jammed, which is something that hasn't happened
before now. Can this all be electronic?
Thanks for your interest,
Paul

On 24/12/01 9:32, "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So the shutter stays open.  Does it close when you take the batteries out?
> Is it set to auto or manual when the shutter stays open (And I mean open,
> not mirror up, white speckles on curtain showing)  there is a big difference
> between shutter LOCK up and shutter actually opening and staying open.
>
> If it locks open on auto, does it close when switched to manual?  Let me
> know what you can, I'll try to help.
> _________________________________
> John Hermanson
> Camtech, Olympus OM Service since 1977