Re: [OM] OM Finder coverage

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Finder coverage
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:29:58 +0000

> ....My N***N-shooting friend, however, is still amazed at how
> "big" the OM finders look compared to his bricks.

And another anecdote.Last spring another fellow and I were staking out a
local eagles nest waiting for the parents to return with food. He had a
newer N*kon with a big fat long hunker of a 600/5.6 or something. I had
a 300/4.5 with the 2x-a. Of course we exchanged looks through the
viewfinder while we were waiting. Even with his big glass the N*kon's
finder was much dimmer and the view more restricted than my 4t with the
supposedly slower glass. Like going back to a #1 screen. And he paid
more for his tripod than I did for the entire kit.

mike

Many AF viewfinders are notoriously dimmer than the OM's, especially an OM-2S, OM-4, or OM-4T with a #2 screen. I've looked through them too.

It's not what you have, it's _how_you_use_it_.

-- John