Re: [OM] preventing "brassing?"

Subject: Re: [OM] preventing "brassing?"
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 00:43:36 -0800
Clear mylar packing tape works well. Just tape a bit around the strap lug. You
will need to replace it from time to time. There are thicker tapes that are used
for protecting the top sheets of skis or bicycle chainstays that are more
durable, but they don't always stick as well.

Not using a strap at all is also a good way to protect against brassing. Most of
the time I shoot without a strap on the camera. The exception is some sporting
events where I am often shooting with two cameras.

Jim Couch