Re: [OM] photography at LA auto show

Subject: Re: [OM] photography at LA auto show
From: Kernow62@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 07:16:48 EST
In a message dated 12/24/01 1:40:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Fuji Xtra 800 then. I'm not too keen on the tripod idea, since i dont have
> those tiny ones, and if i wish to
>  steady, i can use the railing or whatever w/o lugging another gear item.
the
> next step up tripod is a very
>  light samsonite aluminum one, but that's not flexible in terms of
deployment.
>  the big bogen is a no no ;)

What about a monopod, I rarely use a tripod as I don't use SLRs and have
found I can handhold down to 1/10th of a second with good results, I take a
lot of photos where flash isn't allowed and a particular camera with a not
very fast lens and only 200 ASA film gets the job done. (sorry it is not
Olympus).

I made a monopod from a junk tripod leg, just screwed a 1/4 20 stud in top
and use a small Strobofram ball head, works great as long as you aren't too
tall.

Nigel