[OM] Metering with my OM2n - consistently inconsistent

Subject: [OM] Metering with my OM2n - consistently inconsistent
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:37:54 -0800
I have compared my OM2n's built-in meter readings against those shown
with a Sekonic L508 in both reflected and incident mode. For the
reflected readings I used a piece of matte 18 0ray card. In subdued
lighting the OM2n shows a 1 stop over exposure and in bright sunlight a
3 stop over exposure. The + / - dial on the camera is set to zero, the
camera batteries are new and unused, and the ISO rating is the same on
the camera and the meter. I double checked the reflected readings with
my 4T and they matched the Sekonic readings. The camera body is clean
and dry and has not been used for about three months.

Can anyone suggest a reason why the 2n's meter should be so consistently
inconsistent?

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC