Re: [OM] PC?

Subject: Re: [OM] PC?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 07:37:08 EST
Hi Jamie, and Welcome!

The 'OM-PC' is a camera body Olympus came out with in 1985. "OM-PC" was its
U.S. name, elsewhere it was the "OM-40 PROGRAM", also abbreviated as just
'OM-40'. It offered two things not on other OMs- DX film speed reading, and
ESP- which is a two-zone metering system that recognizes difficult lighting
conditions and compensates the exposure accordingly. (Nikon came out with a
five-zone metering camera in 1983, that Olympus got away with only two zones
is noteworthy). I have owned two, and can attest that the ESP metering DOES
work. Many on this list will attest that a good number of these OM-40s now
may be suffering from bad circuits, and one should be very careful when
considering a purchase of one. It was the last of the line of 'two-digit'
consumer models, and is less durably constructed than the 'single digit ' OMs.

Happy Holidays,
George S.