[OM] Different DOF problem.

Subject: [OM] Different DOF problem.
From: James M Costello <jamie-nancy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:58:28 -0500
I'm stumped.

I have a Hanimex 135/2.8 that I acquired years ago.   I've never been
terribly happy with it.  The thread about various DOF preview controls
prevalent on third party lenses got me to wondering ...

I looked at the Hanimex.   It has an "A" and "M" sliding switch on the
rear mount.   However, off-camera, when I switch it between "M" and "A",
and stop it down to f/22, I don't see any action of the aperture; even
when I move the body-to-lens actuator through its arc.

Just to check it, I set the shutter to 1/60, moved the aperture ring to
f/22, and with the meter off, shone a light into the barrel of the lens
while firing the shutter.   Nothing.   No aperture movement at all.
Does anyone else have this lens?  What do y'all think?

Jamie Costello
Fort Myers, FL