Re: [OM] New Olys (digital interchangeable lens SLR)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olys (digital interchangeable lens SLR)
From: Jacob Cooper <jcooper19@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 07:18:22 -0800 (PST)
<snip> In astronomy, there was no
> > need to build masses of new telescopes when CCDs began to
> replace
> > film 10-15 years ago) you could at least use the same mount as the
old
> > lenses.

Astronomy is probably less limited by consumer considerations than a
camera manufacturer. If the telescope is designed for 10 x 10 film (or
something), why not make a 10 x 10 CCD? After all, it's not individuals
on a budget buying the thing (as in cameras), even if they happen to be
a working professional.

<snip> The Nikon D1X can use Nikkor lenses made in the 50s, and this
> > doesn't seem to have affected its reputation for producing high
> quality
> > images.  I've never seen a review that didn't drool over it.

True, but isn't it cool that Olympus is attempting to revolutionize all
over again? The smaller, lighter, better that Maitani pioneered with
the OM system could use translation to the digital world, IMHO.

Cheers!

Jake