Re: [OM] Different DOF problem.

Subject: Re: [OM] Different DOF problem.
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 18:57:30 -0000
James M Costello wrote:
>...It has an "A" and "M" sliding switch on the
> rear mount.   However, off-camera, when I switch it between "M" and "A",
> and stop it down to f/22, I don't see any action of the aperture; even
> when I move the body-to-lens actuator through its arc.

Two possibilities spring to mind:

either it's a fixed mount lens like my two Hanimex zooms, in which case it
sounds like the spring connecting the actuator to the iris lever has broken
or come off, or

it's a T2 (or similar) interchangeable mount that hasn't been fitted to the
lens properly - that is, the lever that stops the lens down is on the wrong
side of the mount's actuator arm.

Regards,
Keith Berry