Re: [OM] P&S: was Trouble in OM paradise

Subject: Re: [OM] P&S: was Trouble in OM paradise
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:08:54 +0100
Yo,

on Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:48:37 +0800, C.H.Ling wrote:

>Falloff characteristic is by design not production variation. All XA
>has fall off problem, it is even documented in the VisionAge. I also
>have an XA and XA-4, both have visible fall off with the XA-4 much
>more serious. A bright sky wide open can overexposure the film and
>give you an overall "white" sky, I found the best test is to shoot
>some medium gray scene.

I don't doubt what you are saying, but what counts for me is that the
effect normally does not show on my shots (may be it's the kind of
subjects I prefer, who knows? - I live far from the sea, too, alas).
Don't know about the XA-4; I never had one and do not feel the need
for one.
Anyway, to me, in direct comparison, the advantages of the XA over the
mju-II far outweigh its disadvantages.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart