Re: [OM] DUMB,DUMB,DUMB (hnz's response)

Subject: Re: [OM] DUMB,DUMB,DUMB (hnz's response)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 00:48:09 +0000
At 02:21 12/28/01, hnz wrote:
My OM-1 and OM-2n do. I know there are a 1/2's around that don't; maybe John
or Clint can tell if it can be fixed and for how much.

hnz

As does the lever on my OM-1n. Operates like it's slightly spring loaded and something in the winder linkage nudges it so that it's allowed to spring back from the rewind position to the proper one.

I'm wondering if the mechanism that kicks them back into position can be damaged by owners holding them in the rewind position while operating the winding lever for making multiple exposures (the standard method when a camera doesn't have a multiple exposure switch)?

-- John