[OM] XA vignetting - was P&S: was Trouble....

Subject: [OM] XA vignetting - was P&S: was Trouble....
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 06:59:46 +0000
Winsor

The vignetting on the XA is difficult to discern and should not, I would say, put you off it. I get lovely photos from mine. The other bit of freedom for me is that, when taking photos with my XA, I allow myself not to write down the exposure and subject details - I just snap away.

... little things I know.

Chris

That is interesting and the first negative remarks I have read for the Epic Stylus. I have no experience with it or other P&S cameras. I have thought that it would be nice to have a small, pocketable camera which would be usable in most situations when I am not carrying my camera bag which would have to include an easy to use flash. I thought about the XA because of the rangefinder and other possibilities for manual over ride, but it gets pretty bulky with the flash enough has been said about the dark corners to make me shy away. On the other hand there has been universal praise for the sharpness and clarity of the Epic 2.8 lens. Is there another decent alternative for a small, controllable high quality camera with an easy flash?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

--