[OM] xa,mju,rc,etc

Subject: [OM] xa,mju,rc,etc
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:57:23 -0400
        I have all 3, the RC first, then the MJU, and now a XA that was
practically a gift. All have their advantages and disadvantages,
obviously. The real problem is carrying 3 pocket cameras, kind of
defeats the purpose :-)  MJU goes in the pocket most of the time, cause
if something is about to move, it grabs the picture the quickest.
        My OM1 (pre MD, but new to me) returns the rewind button the same as my
OM10 does. So is it working or broken? I like it the way it is anyway.

Wayne

I have to agree Jim.
   I love my XA! I always take it when I am hiking, usually loaded with
400
ASA Ilford HP5. It is capable of producing good 10 by 8 prints and
larger. I
also use an Olympus MJU for convenience in school, logging pupil work
and
displays...but far prefer the control of the XA. I also find it ideal
for
candid shots, as well as for my shots of derelict buildings, scrapyards
etc.
My only real gripe is that it is not possible to use filters with the
lens.
I still rate this camera above my Olympus MJU and Olympus RC.  Highly
recommended!
               Regards, John Duggan, Wales UK.