[OM] DUMB,DUMB, now even STUPID

Subject: [OM] DUMB,DUMB, now even STUPID
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:20:15 EST
George responds to my dumb response:

<< How about a simple 'answer'? Since the OM1 and OM2 are the oldest of the
 line, maybe whatever spring allows it to return automatically is too old or
 weak, and this is showing up on the oldest bodies first???
  AHA!- a new study- What is the serial number of the bodies that are
 exhibiting this problem!?
  (Ducking and Running)
 George S. >>

Apologies to all for posting my incorrect ASSUMPTION, and thanks to all for
setting me straight.  My 1n, 2n, 2sp, and 4 all work as they should and I
assumed that the 2 (low s/n) had an earlier "non-automatic" reset design. So,
now I feel stupid, as well as dumb.
Rather than sending camera and money to John for a fix, I will paint the top
of the camera yellow, with a red arrow pointing toward the rewind reset
button -- that should do it.

Thanks and regards to all,
Paul Connet