Re: [OM] Epson Printers - advice wanted

Subject: Re: [OM] Epson Printers - advice wanted
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:43:24 EST
In a message dated 12/28/01 7:57:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx writes:

> be sure that you follow the instructions about turning the printer on
>  and off.  If you leave it on all the time the heads get gummed up and you
>  have to go through the cleaning ritual several times before correct
printing

>  will occur.

Have left my Stylus Color 760 on since July but just now turned it off in
horror.  No gumming to date.  Haven't had to do the cleaning ritual yet.  At
the time I bought it, I didn't really know what I wanted, and it was on
special for closeout.  If I were looking to print photo-quality output, I
would probably move up to one of the newer 6-color models (more $, of course).

Rich