[OM] Vignetting, light pollution or both?

Subject: [OM] Vignetting, light pollution or both?
From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 22:00:37 -0500
I have a question about night-sky pictures that I took back when the
Leonid asteroids were around.  All of my pictures have a "hot spot"
more-or-less in the center of the frame.

I think I am seeing the effect of light pollution, because it is not
totally centered, tending to be brighter near the horizon:
http://users.rcn.com/rmwoods/startrack.jpg
but I got this regardless of the direction I pointed the camera,
and in this shot:
http://users.rcn.com/rmwoods/leonid.jpg
where the camera was aimed far above the horizon, the lower corners of
the picture, nearer the horizon, are darker than the center as well.

Technical details: Kodak Max 400 (GC 400-6), Zuiko 24mm 2.8, with the
lens wide open, OM-1 shutter set at B with a locking cable release.
Exposure lengths were in minutes (as opposed to seconds.)  The negatives
had sufficient density that the frame edges are fully defined.

Does the Zuiko 24mm 2.8 have a problem with light fall-off at the edges?