RE: [OM] Epson Printers - advice wanted

Subject: RE: [OM] Epson Printers - advice wanted
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:22:13 -0800
Cc: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
I saw a demo of the S800 and spent an hour speaking with the Canon rep two
weekends ago. It's got no built-in card-reading capability, but very, very
good photo printing capabilities indeed. My S450 does OK, but this was
significantly better, IMHO. He invited me to bring in a file to print. Maybe
I'll give that a whirl this weekend, time permitting.

What it does have is higher dpi capability than equivalent Epsons.
2400x1200, some 35-odd percent more than the Epson. Couple that with lower
(theoretically) ink replacement cost due to separate (and chipless) color
tanks and I think Canon's gonna sell me my third BubbleJet in 10+ years.

Interestingly, the first inkjet printer I ever saw was a Canon. It was a
"stealth" release of their first BubbleJet to the company where I worked for
evaluation a couple of months before its general announcement, somewhere
back in the 80s. We liked 'em then, too. :-)

---
Scott gOMez (better, tOM?)