RE: [OM] Epson Printers - advice wanted

Subject: RE: [OM] Epson Printers - advice wanted
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 00:10:15 -0800 (PST)
Winsor, you may have been thinking of:
http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/news/13_comp/index.html
for a comparison of the Epson 1160, 1200, 1270, &
2000. If you have your own scanner, go for one of
their 11x14 printers. Your Zuikos are definitely up to
the task of producing sharp 11x14s. I am waiting for
MIS Associates to come out with their pigmented ink
continuous feed system for my 1280.

Warren

--- Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I saw somewhere on the web, sorry I did not bookmark
> it, a comparison
> between Epson printers with photo and effect of dot
> size, 6 v. 4
> color tanks and variable dot size. Even the older
> printers with 6
> color tanks or variable dot size were not
> significantly outclassed by
> the newer printers. Since there have been problems
> with 6 color
> system fading of the lighter colors, I would vote
> for a 4 color
> system with variable dot size and some sort of
> reliable rating of
> fade resistance. The Epson at least uses a third
> party to rate their
> inks for resistance to fading.

=====
Warren Xato