RE: [OM] Airport security

Subject: RE: [OM] Airport security
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 22:48:57 +1100
Mickey wrote:

> Wayne-
> In the US, we normally express dates in the form Month/Day/Year
> (09/11/2001). The event is commonly referred to as 'nine-eleven' here. An
> exception to the date convention is in the US military,
> government and some
> local governments will express the date as Day/Month/Year, where the Month
> is expressed as the word (11 November 2001). Some computers store the date
> as 8 digits in the form yyyymmdd (20010911) and display it in the form of
> your choice.
>
> OM content. I briefly had a digital data back on my OM-4. It allowed the
> user to select the preferred date display format.

Thanks for the explanation, I'm certainly familiar with the strange way you
septics represent dates !  I seem to recall some "smart" Microsoft product
that attempted to read your mind when you entered dates, so if you entered
9/11/2001 it accepted that as 11th Sept., but if you entered 28/12/2001 it
interpreted that as 28th Dec. instead of rejecting it.

...Wayne