[OM] Loupe / slide film question

Subject: [OM] Loupe / slide film question
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:06:53 -0800
Hmm..  I would like to try slide film.  I just ordered a film scanner, and
so I thought, why not?

But I am not about to scan all my photos in... too many and most of them
suck, so I want to view them first.  What do I need (shoe string budget,
trip to taiwan made me broke..) light box??  Or not really, just a he-man
slide viewer?  Or am I better off with a light box and a loupe?

I see $8 loupes and $299 loupes.  Am I going to tell the difference between
them or no?

And of course, slide film recommendations??  I have been dying to try Fuji
Velvia, as my friend's pics from it are just utterly amazing..

Albert