Re: [OM] $700 for 18f3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] $700 for 18f3.5
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:13:13 -0800
The $520.00 eBay lens was the one that I purchased I believe. That
particualr lens was sold with a rear cap, but no front cap or step-up ring.
I paid another $30.00 for the 49-72 step-up and about $5.00 for a screw on
72mm lens cap. Instead of using the Olympus case (that I do not have) I
picked up a used generic case for $2.00 at my local camera shop. The case
has the advantage of accomodating the lens WITH the step-up ring and lens
cap intact. This meant I did not need the special lens cap. It also means
the lens is ready to use with just removal of the 72mm cap straight from the
case. My total cost came to $557.00 for comparison purposes. The 49-72mm
hood/step-up ring is hard to find used, but I had no problem finding a new
one.

Jim Couch