RE: [OM] XA Praise 'vignetting'

Subject: RE: [OM] XA Praise 'vignetting'
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:51:31 +1100
> One point that I haven't seen is that the XA's use of 'reverse
> retro-focus' design (which I don't pretent to understand) accomplished

So it's a telephoto design with 35mm focal length.  In this case the fall
off makes more sense since the angle subtended by the image behind the lens
will always be greater than the angle subtended by the real object in front
of the lens.  I believe theta in the cos^4 refers to the angle on the image
side.

...Wayne