Re: [OM] OM 4: dead display?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 4: dead display?
From: chrisw@xxxxxxx (Chris Waigl)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:14:43 GMT
Le Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:50:27 -0500, "Jim L'Hommedieu \(Lama\)"
<jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx> écrivit:

>I just received and installed fresh batteries into my first OM-4.  (Not
>4Ti).  If I switch to Manual and walk into a darkroom, am I supposed to be
>able to see a manual metering bar graph?  The SIF site mentions a self
>illuminator.

If you press the viewfinder illuminator button (on the right hand side
of the barrel that holds the lens mount). And the camera has to be
set to a time different from "B" or the mechanical 1/60. Manual or
auto. And after lightly tapping the release.

>This is OM-4 dead, right?

Don't know. Did you switch on the illumination or not?

Happy new year,

Chris W.

--
chris waigl

     I am now prosecuting some things with an engine I formerly
     writ to you of.            (Robert Boyle, to Hardlib 1659)