Re: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!

Subject: Re: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:54:54 -0400
Well, I'm certainly am no pro, but I did shoot my nieces wedding last
summer, and used mostly protra 400VC. Why VC and not NC? Because it was
on sale at the local Kodak Image Center. It was total luck that I did,
as I also shot a little bit of Portra 160NC, thinking it would be finer
grained, more natural color, etc, but the NC completely missed the
colors of the bridesmaids dresses. They were light
mauve/purple/whatever. The VC printed them the perfect color. The NC
made them blue, and I mean blue, albeit light blue. I thought it was the
lab, so took them back for reprints. They corrected the dress colors,
but then everything else was off, grass and leaves had a fall look to
them, skin tones were off, etc. So it was the film as far as I could
see, as that was the only thing done differently. Same lens, etc. Has
anyone else had this experience? As to skin tones, and all other colors,
they were both excellent. Wayne